Young people who are often considered more active, dynamic and adaptable than the seniors are believed to play a more crucial role in the modern workplace where high pressure and demanding requirements of work are seen.
It is undeniable that the young have certain strengths over the old like the possession of updated knowledge, activeness and creativity. But these credentials are not enough to help them confidently deal with all work problems and ensure their high productivity. Are they able to see through the nature of an issue without a wealth of experience and knowledge accumulated like the old? Besides, nor are they ready to stay by the company’s side if other greener pastures are awaiting them. It is the senior’s loyalty and vision that provide them insightful understandings to cope with difficulties even when the company is in hard time.
The young are also preferred than the old like PR, marketing and computing where creativity and updated knowledge are key to success. It is then argued that in the modern life, as these areas become prevalent, the young are definitely good choices.
Here are questions to discuss:
1. In your family, do you have a say over important issues?
2. In Vietnam, are the young to be more respected than the old nowadays? If yes, what makes them more powerful? If no, why’s that?
3. Which countries do you see the old outnumber the young? What are positive and negative effects of aging population?
4. Which countries do you see the young outnumber the old? What are positive and negative effects of young population? Which is sort of population having more advantages?
5. Should the old all be retiring before the threshold of 50 years old?